Artists, exhibit an A4 size picture at the Fishslab Gallery during the Oyster Festival and help raise funds for the Fishslab. See details below
FISHSLAB GALLERY’S A4 ANONYMOUS FUNDRAISING EVENT
16th-23rd JULY 2019
Dear Artists and Friends of the Fishslab Gallery
The annual Oyster Festival is a much-loved Whitstable tradition and the Fishslab Gallery A4 Anonymous fundraising event is a key part of this. We are now planning our tenth A4 Anonymous and would be delighted if you would continue to support us to help run this not-for-profit, artist-led gallery.
The A4 Anonymous raises vital funds to keep the Fishslab Gallery as a modern, adaptable and affordable space for emerging and established artists. Last year, thanks to artists’ contributions, we were able to install blinds and a new canopy. This year we are planning to use some of the money raised to enable community and charity groups hold art exhibitions in the gallery on dedicated weeks to support their causes.
We are now calling for artists to contribute work for this year’s A4 Anonymous, and for patrons to visit during the A4 week, 16th – 23rd July, and purchase some of the wonderful contributions.
The theme for this year is ‘CROSSING BORDERS’.
This is what to do:-
Contact: Cathy McTurk email@example.com to let her know you wish to take part and arrange to pick up your A4 canvas, which she will leave by her front door (22 Cornwallis Circle, Whitstable CT5 1DU). Canvases are available now.
• We supply the A4 stretched canvas.
• You paint, collage, appliqué, print, etc on the canvas and sign the back. This is the ‘anonymous’ bit. Make sure that your name and full contact details are on the back.
• Indicate ‘top’ of picture.
• No fixings needed.
• Deliver completed work to Cathy’s – 22 Cornwallis Circle, Whitstable, CT5 1DU.
• Deadline is Saturday 13th July.
• All works will be sold initially at £25. The pictures will be reduced on Monday 22nd July to £10. The Fishslab Gallery retains all proceeds from the sale towards the running of the gallery.
• Unsold work can be collected on Tuesday 23rd July from 2-4pm. Alternatively you can arrange to pick up from Cathy’s, 22 Cornwallis Circle between 24th-30th July.
• Private View Party on Tuesday 16th July 6.30 – 8.30pm.
By participating in the A4 Anonymous you are agreeing to allow the Fishslab Gallery to retain your personal details (name, contact details) and use these in the future. We will store your details securely and will only ever use them in relation to Fishslab Gallery events – we will never give your details to a third party. If you do not wish to be contacted in the future please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject ‘Data consent’ and request that your details are removed.
Best wishes The Fishslab Committee www.fishslabgallery.co.uk