Bookings for 2021.
We would like to thank you all for your continued support of the gallery during what has been a very tough year for everyone, we are delighted to be back open and just as delighted to announce that we will be taking bookings for The Fishslab Gallery for 2021 from 9am on 1st August 2020; the number to contact is 07947 216787.
Last year we received some feedback that the process of booking on 1st August is very difficult as the phone is constantly engaged; we appreciate how frustrating this is and have considered if there are better options available to us. However, we have decided that this remains the fairest and simplest process and therefore it will continue unchanged. We apologise in advance if you are unable to get through but can reassure you that calls are answered in the order they are received so it really is just about luck!
We hope that we will receive lots of interest for 2021, thank you for your continued support of the gallery as exhibitors and visitors. Please note, when we had to close in 2020 many artists were unable to exhibit. To recognise this they have been given the opportunity to pre-book for 2021; this means we have fewer weeks available than normal and expect to be fully booked even quicker. We will keep our website updated with the status of bookings.
- Fishslab bookings are taken a year in advance and the booking for 2021 will start at 9am sharp on 1 August 2020. Bookings are only taken by phone and the number to call is 07947 216787. The gallery is very popular and the phone line is very busy from 9am onwards! Please be prepared and keep trying. Please do not text or email for bookings, we can only accept bookings by phone.
Please note – due to Covid-19 we had to close during 2020, this meant that many artists were unable to exhibit. As a result of this, we have offered those artists the opportunity to pre-book for 2021. This means we have fewer weeks available for 2021 and therefore expect to be fully booked even quicker than normal. We will keep our website updated with the status of bookings during the day for 2021.
2. 2021 bookings – the dates and charges for hiring the gallery next year are below. We have had to slightly increase our costs for 2021; this is to reflect increased running costs.
3. Commission – the Fishslab Gallery is a not-for profit community gallery and does not take any commission from the artists who exhibit.
All bookings run from Tuesday to Tuesday.
Low season £200 – 5th January to 30th March, 6th April to 27th April, 4th May to 25th May, 1st June to 29th June, 31st August to 7th December.
High season £250 – 30th March to 6th April (Easter), 25th May to 1st June (Bank Holiday), 29th June to 31st August, 12th October to 2nd November, 7th to 21st December.
4. Payment – The full amount of your hire period must be paid within 30 days of booking to secure your place. You must also return the signed Hirer’s agreement with your payment.
5. Cancellation – if you cancel your booking and we are able to re-let your place you will receive a refund. However, if we are unable to re-let your place you will not receive a refund. We will run a waiting list and will work with anyone who cancels to try and find an alternative hirer. If we have to close the gallery due to events beyond our control, we cannot guarantee we will be able to issue refunds. Should this occur we will assess the gallery’s finances at the time and will provide full or partial refunds only if funds allow. By accepting this booking hirers acknowledge and accept this risk.
6. Insurance – hirers must have public liability/public indemnity insurance for the period of their hire. In addition, we strongly suggest hirers take our insurance to cover damage to their artworks.
Remember the email address to contact is email@example.com and the telephone number is 07947 216787.
Data consent – when you book the Fishslab Gallery we will hold the data you have provided for us in order to manage and promote your booking. Your data is held securely and is only ever shared with members of the committee – never with third parties. Promoting your booking means that we will publicise your name and exhibition in the Fishslab Gallery window on our upcoming exhibitions list, display photos of your work, and your name on our Facebook page and this website. We will always contact you before carrying out any promotion and you will always have the option to refuse the opportunity to promote your exhibition. If at any time you are unhappy for us to hold your data (name, contact details, etc.) and would like to have this removed from our records then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do this for you. If you want to enquire about how your data is being held and used at any time then please contact email@example.com